Forms & Policies
Scheduling an Appointment at Cobb Pediatrics
- We see patients by appointment only in an effort to keep your wait times at a minimum.
- Our Patient Services team is dedicated to handling all incoming calls, requests and appointment scheduling. They can be reached during normal business hours by phone or message via the Patient Portal.
- Prior to scheduling, we will confirm your demographic and insurance information – so please have this information available when you call.
- We ask that you give as much detail as possible regarding the reason(s) for your appointment so that we can set aside the appropriate amount of time needed for your visit.
What to Bring to an Appointment
- Photo identification and a current insurance card (if applicable) are required to be presented at each visit.
- Payment for any co-payment, deductible, or balance remaining from a prior visit (if applicable). We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- Minor children must be accompanied by a registered Parent or Guardian. As a courtesy, we will see unaccompanied adolescent/young adults who are established patients with prior authorization from the registered parent or guardian. This treatment authorization should be submitted as a message to us via the Patient Portal.
Walk-Ins and Sibling Add-on Appointments
- We do not accept walk-ins and require that you call in advance for all appointments – whether it is a well visit, sick visit, or if you need to add sick siblings to an existing patient appointment.
- We reserve multiple “Same Day” sick visit appointments on our daily schedules specifically for these last-minute type visits. Calling ahead will ensure that one of these appointments are reserved for you and will allow our staff to prepare in advance for your arrival.
Missed Appointments and Late Cancellations
- We don’t overbook our schedules, so when you schedule an appointment with our office that specific time has been set aside for you. Missed appointments and last-minute cancellations are very costly to our practice and also prevent us from giving that appointment to another child in need.
- We ask for 24-hours notice on all appointment cancellations when possible.
- A $50.00 fee (per patient) will be charged if you fail to show for an appointment or for avoidable cancellations that occur within 24-hours of the appointment time. Families with excessive no-shows or last-minute cancellations will be asked to leave our practice.
Late Appointment Arrivals
- If you are late for a scheduled appointment, we cannot guarantee that you will be seen. We will do our very best to accommodate you (if it’s possible to do so without inconveniencing other patients who arrived on time.)
- If we cannot accommodate you, we will reschedule your appointment for another day or time.
- Late appointment arrivals are equal to a missed appointment, therefore a $50.00 (per patient) fee will apply.
Emergencies, Medical Advice, and After Hours Calls
Call 911 in the case of an emergency.
For the Georgia Poison Control 24-hour hotline, please call 1-800-222-1222
Medical Advice and Questions
- Our website is available 24/7 as a reliable resource for finding current, recommended pediatric medicine dosages or information on treating and managing hundreds of the most common pediatric illnesses and conditions. Visit Is Your Child Sick? from our home page for the most up-to-date treatment recommendations for your child’s specific symptoms.
- In the event you need additional assistance, our Patient Services department can be reached by phone or Patient Portal message during normal office hours. If calling during peak hours or seasons, you may be asked to leave a message, but our goal is to return all calls within 1 hour. If you feel that your call is urgent or you have not been called back within a reasonable amount of time, please call again and let our staff know so that they can expedite your request.
After Hours Calls and Assistance
- Calls received on holidays or outside of normal business hours will be forwarded to our after-hours automated attendant.
- For non-urgent calls such as routine questions, prescription refills or requests, medical records, referrals, or appointments, etc., please follow the prompts to leave a message for the appropriate department. Your call will be returned by our staff the following business day. Non-urgent requests may also be submitted via our Patient Portal.
- If your call is urgent and cannot wait until the following business day, from the automated attendant please choose option “1” to be transferred to our answering service. After hours medical advice calls will be routed to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s Nurse Advice Line. If you need additional assistance our answering service will take your information and page the on-call doctor. In the event that we to refer you for emergency care or treatment outside of our normal business hours, we will recommend a Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta emergency facility.
School, Camp, and Sports Forms
- Complimentary copies of the following standardized forms are provided on our patient portal for active patients that are up to date on well vists, preventative screenings, and immunizations: 3231 (GA Certificate of Immunization), 3300 (GA Hearing & Vision), and the standard Preparticipation Physical Evaluation/ Sports Clearance Form (the Patient History portion of this form must be on file from a prior visit to apply). Please log into the Patient Portal and check your “Forms and Documents” folder for current copies. If you do not see the form you need, submit a “Form Request” via the portal. Our goal is to process portal form requests the same business day.
- Any other form (not listed above) will be completed at no-charge during an office visit (well or sick) when the actual form is presented and given to your provider for completion at the visit.
- A $25.00 per-form processing fee will apply for any forms for inactive patients, patients that are not up to date on the services listed above, patients without a portal account, or any form requested outside of a patient visit. Form fees must be paid in advance. We will not accept or complete any form prior to receiving payment.
Visit-Related Patient Forms
To view the forms listed below, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
Our office is paperless! All visit-related patient forms are now completed electronically and securely on our Patient Portal.
- Electronic Patient Information Forms are required for all new patients, at most well/check-up visit intervals, and at all ADD/ADHD related visits.
- You can minimize the time spent in our office by logging in to our Patient Portal to complete all assigned surveys and other tasks prior to your appointment.
- If you need assistance or choose not to complete these forms in advance, please plan to arrive 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment time. We will provide a tablet and the forms can be completed from our waiting room.
- Active patients can log into the Patient Portal for immediate, complimentary access their medical records. From the “Patient Information” tab within the portal, click each category (Forms and Documents, Growth Chart, Immunizations, Labs, Prescriptions, Problem List, Visit History) to view and/or print any records needed.
- If you are not an active patient, need records sent from us to a third party, or simply prefer that our staff print record copies for you, please download and complete a Medical Records Release Form. Medical record copy fees will be charged for this method and you should allow 30-days for the processing of your request.
Please click on the link to read our HIPAA Policies.
Please click on the link to read our Payment Policies.
ADD/ADHD Treatment & Controlled Substance Policy
Please click on the link to read our ADD/ADHD Treatment & Controlled Substance Policy.